Minced Media on Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Un-Google Yourself

Had I known everything I wrote on newsgroups was going to be catalogued for future generations, I might have never posted a thing.

Too late. Too late. Too late.

Not only are all my good email addresses clogged with spam from freewheeling it online in the early days, but people can find out who I am in a heartbeat.

It may be too late for me to preserve my Web anonymity, but it may not be too late for you. Blogger Trevor Snyder of "the will to exist" pointed me to this great document at the EFF, titled "How to Blog Safely (About Work or Anything Else)." Make sure you stay a while and read other entries on their blog.

Read it. Absorb it. Take it to heart.
The rights you save may be your own.

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign

[ technorati: , , ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reference! And I'm glad I helped you out. One down, a few billion to go.

Anonymous said...

Just grab a few gmail addresses, all in succession, and sign up for freebies with a special spam address and leave the others for certain topics like discussions, friends, work, etc. Gmail is a super deal (free 2+gb storage) superior spam filter and ultra easy and gloriously unclogged by advertisements.