Minced Media on Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Truthiness is Now a Flavor

I often tune into Comedy Central to watch "." If it weren't for Jon, I wouldn't have been introduced to omnipotent satirist . Yes, I admit, I was watching "" when Stephen made a mockery of Wikipedia's user-generated greatness by coining the term "."

Here's the scoop. Apparently, I wasn't the only one impressed by Stephen's glib information refactoring. Ice cream moguls Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield of Ben & Jerry’s just announced a new flavor called "AmeriCone Dream," dedicated to Stephen. Proceeds from the sale of the ice cream "will support charities...such as food and medical assistance for disadvantaged children, helping veterans and their families, and environmental causes."
Ben & Jerry's new flavor is a decadent melting pot of vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. It’s the sweet taste of liberty in your mouth.~ Official B&J corporate news release, February 28, 2007 05:11 PM ET.
Ben and Jerry are scheduled to festively debut the ice cream with an appearance on Stephen's show. To hear about Stephen's plan to "save the world," tune in to "The Colbert Report" on Monday, March 5 at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT. Now if I can only get my hands on a pint to enjoy while pondering my liberal bias.

Yum!

No comments: