Minced Media on Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Friday, October 06, 2006

Indeed - How Much Are You Worth?

Every once in a while I come across . Like me, you may be thinking there is no single job description that accurately covers everything you do for a living. Sure, but you gotta start somewhere.

Take one aspect of my work -- online community development -- and you'll get an idea of what those job responsibilities alone might pay in certain locations, if that is your only area of expertise. If you're in the middle of job negotiations, this could be an effective, eye-opening, way to present your salary case. Remember, it's just a free tool, so if your target career appears woefully underappreciated, don't say I didn't warn you. I'd recommend relying on more than just one Web site and more than one job title to figure out what you should be earning.

No comments: